Insignia Mobile Discos
Terms and Conditions of Hire for Insignia Mobile Discos
1. BOOKING PROCEDURE When booking, please provide the following information:
• Your Name
• Your Address
• Your Contact Number
• Date of Event
• Type of Event (e.g. Birthday, Wedding)
• Venue Name, Address and Contact Number
• Start and Finish Time
• Your playlist, including any special requests.
2. PAYMENT TERMS For individual or group bookings, payment is due prior to, or on arrival on the date of the event. For commercial customers an account may be set up at our discretion. Accounts must be settled within 14 days of the date of the hire or the credit facilities may be refused for future bookings.
3. CANCELLATION TERMS All clients must adhere strictly to our Cancellation Terms as stated below. Failure to comply may result in legal action. Cancellation notice: In the event of a cancellation the following will apply.
• Hire cancelled out with 1 calendar month from starting time - no charge (non-refundable deposit).
• Hire cancelled more than 168 hours (7 days) but within 1 calendar month from starting time - 50% (half) charge payable.
• Hire cancelled within 168 hours (7 days) from starting time - 100% (full) charge payable.
• Postponement (re-scheduling) of a hire can only be accepted if made before the cancellation period of 1 calendar month, otherwise cancellation terms apply.
4. SUPPLY & DELIVERY OF EQUIPMENT We normally set up equipment 1hr 30mins prior to the start of an event and remove it when the event has finished. Equipment removal typically takes between 30mins and 1hr - please ensure that you take this into account when booking a venue and that access to the venue will continue during this time. The hirer & third party hirers will be responsible for the safety and security of all our equipment left for their hire as per clauses i – iii as stated below. This includes tampering with and theft of equipment. It is strictly forbidden for anyone else other than a person authorised by us to use or move our equipment without our express permission. Failure to comply will seriously jeopardise the future supply of our services.
1. When a hirer wants equipment to be set up more than 1hr 30mins before start time.
2. When the hirer wants equipment left within a venue to facilitate a contract run or other.
3. Third party hirers: It is the responsibility of 3rd party hirers to ensure that their clients are aware of our terms and conditions of hire (copies available on request) and in particular clauses i and ii above.
Should our terms be breached then we reserve the right to withdraw our services and terminate further supply. Cancellation payment as stated in 3 above will apply to all outstanding confirmed bookings. All hirers should understand that it may not be possible to set up equipment immediately prior to start of an event; therefore other arrangements should be made to accommodate this. Clauses i – iii above may apply. Hirers, ensure access to the venue is available at the agreed access time. It is imperative that agreed set up/access time(s) are strictly adhered to. Where access is denied upon our arrival (due to over running of earlier proceedings or other) to set up equipment completely, or a storage area close to our set up area can not be provided - we will, if logistically possible, endeavour to accommodate set up at a later time. However we cannot guarantee this or that the hire will begin at the original start time. In this instance an additional charge of £25 (see Additional Charges) could be applied.
1. The hirer will not be held responsible when a "waiting time" charge has been paid to cover the whole period before start time.
2. When we choose to set up equipment earlier: more than 1hr 30mins prior to start time. This is subject to our discretion.
5. ADDITIONAL CHARGES The following additional charges may apply to your booking:
1. An additional charge may be applied to out of area work (non local). Price on application.
2. A venue/location deemed to have restricted/difficult access i.e. access to venue by more than 1 floor up or down, using lifts or vehicle delivery/parking/access restrictions will incur an additional charge. Price on application.
3. Any disco, karaoke or DJ hire finishing after 12pm will be subject to an additional charge of £40 per hour, or part thereof.
4. An additional charge may be applied to outdoor work.
5. Additional rates will be applied to December 24, 25, 26 & 31 and January 1.
6. An additional charge of £30 (locally) will be applied when agreed access time for set up is denied and a return visit is necessary.
7. When a customer requests a site visit for a one off hire an additional charge of £30 will be applied locally, other areas on application.
8. All Hirers should note that it is always better to extend a hire in advance of the date, if it is thought that additional playing time may be required. Charges applied then would be as our normal hourly rate and subject to any surcharges as detailed in clause III above. No refunds are made for non-use of additional time. Please note if a Hirer requests additional time to be added to a hire on the day of the hire, or after the hire has commenced, additional charges will be applied and payable in cash on that day in advance of extra time being played. Depending on the location of the hire and amount of additional time requested, the extra charge for this could be quite considerable. A Hirer should not assume that we are obligated to provide extra time. Under no circumstances are we duty bound to make the DJ/Operator or equipment available for any extra time no matter the length.
6. INDEMNITIES & LIABILITIES It is the hirer's responsibility to organise insurance cover for their event on top of the public liability insurance held by us and for that cover be of an adequate amount to indemnify we, the company of any losses that are the result of the hirer's event. It is the hirer's responsibility for the behaviour of individuals attending the hirer's event and for the safety of all the company's staff present at their event. All dialogue with the company should be conducted in an orderly and civilised manner. Insulting, demeaning, confrontational and aggressive behaviour towards the company's staff will not be tolerated. Should at any time, any member of the company's staff feel threatened, then, the company reserves the right to terminate the hire. We the company shall not be held responsible for any loss of electrical power either permanent or temporary. The company guarantees that all its equipment will be adequately maintained and will be of a standard to satisfy the "Health and Safety At Work Act 1974": "The Provision and Use of Work equipment Regulations 1998". The company at all times will allow adequate travelling time to fulfil their hire obligations but accept no liability for late starting due to any act of God, War, Strikes, Industrial Disputes or Accidents, Fire, Flood, Drought, Adverse Weather or other cause beyond our control. The hirer would be advised of this situation as soon as possible. The hirer then and only then would have the choice of continuing with our services at the fully agreed price or cancelling our services without cancellation charges being applied
7. WAIVER Failure by the Company to exercise any of its rights shall not constitute a waiver of these rights of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any hire agreement.
8. PLEASE NOTE Should you choose to hire our services, start and finishing times are always exact. Access times are crucial to the way we operate – holding us up could result in extra costs being levied as in clause 5 or resulting in your hire starting later see clause 4. Likewise finishing times and the collection of our equipment are equally important to us. All Discos, and DJ hires are subject to availability. Quotes are valid for 14 days after quoting. Please bear in mind that we cannot hold bookings in advance of a confirmation, and bookings are made on a first come-first serve basis. Equipment will be supplied in accordance with our pricing structure. We reserve the right to cancel any booking when any part of its validity is in doubt. Recovery for damage to equipment and any loss of earnings resulting from any misuse or negligence by hirer will be sought. All hirers are extended the same courteous service without favour. However our hire bookings are operated on a first come first served basis. Please respect any neighbouring properties when planning your event.